For the first time, the City of St. Petersburg participates in the exhibition of the major EU event – European Week of Regions and Cities 2020. The key initiatives will be presented in the official programme of digital webinars, as well as at the stand “RUSSIA–EU COOPERATION: best practices in St. Petersburg” in the framework of the virtual exhibition of the forum. The stand introduces the best practices as well as cooperation opportunities offered by the key projects implemented in St. Petersburg (Russia) under the following Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) Programmes: “Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme” 2014-2020, “South-East Finland – Russia” CBC Programme 2014-2020, “Estonia – Russia” CBC Programme 2014-2020 and “Latvia – Russia” CBC Programme 2014-2020.
The Virtual Action of St. Petersburg is being held within the framework of the 30th anniversary of the Interreg programme - the main instrument of cooperation between the regions of the European Union, within the EU borders and outside it. The Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme as well as Cross-Border Cooperation Programmes of St. Petersburg with neighboring regions help neighbors solve common problems together and find solutions in the fields of innovation, healthcare, education, transport, environment, culture, sustainable energy and much more.
The Committee for External Relations of St. Petersburg, as a coordinator of the mentioned above programmes on behalf of the City, had selected the key projects that are closely connected themes of the Week. Projects provide unique opportunities for establishing and expanding cooperation of the City with municipalities, regions and organizations of the countries of the European Union, and also contribute to ensuring the development of cross-border areas and the transition towards circular economy.
St. Petersburg is represented on the forum by the following projects:
The Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme 2014-2020
- BalticSatApps - Speeding up Copernicus Innovation for the BSR Environment and Security
- BIS – Baltic Industrial Symbiosis (BIS)
- Creative Ports – Internationalisation of the Cultural and Creative Industries in the Baltic Sea Region
- CSHIPP – Clean Shipping Project Platform (CSHIPP)
- Inbets BSR – Innovative Business Transfer Models for SMEs in the BSR
- SmartUp Accelerator Network – Innovation Ecosystem to foster consumer cleantech markets in the Baltic Sea Region
South-East Finland – Russia CBC Programme 2014-2020
- Bringing Together –- Expanding business potential by innovations, research and training
- Cata3Pult – Finnish Russian PPP catalyzing new green business
- CroBoDDIT – Cross-Border Dimensions of Disruptive Information Technologies
- InnoForestView – Innovative information technologies for analysis of negative impact on the cross-border region forests
- Multipass Port – Reconstruction of the marine permanent multilateral Russian Federation State border checkpoint at the seaport Passenger port of Saint Petersburg
- RAINMAN – Towards higher adaptive capacity in urban water management
- RFLSP –Russian-Finnish Life Science Park
- SustainPro – Sustainable development of the natural protected areas: biodiversity, heritage interpretation and recreational use
- TWIN CAMPUS – Creation of a supportive environment for the launching and operation of new technology companies
Estonia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- ADRIENNE – Increasing capacity of environmental protection to maintain biodiversity and ecosystem performance in the Gulf of Finland under multiple human uses and climate change pressure
- BioStyrene – Novel lignin-based plastics for sustainable polymer industry.
- HAZLESS – HAZardous chemicals in the eastern Gulf of Finland – concentrations and impact assessment
- NTIT – New Technologies and Innovation in Theatre
- T2Dprevention – Development of measures for improving the quality of diagnosis and prevention of type 2 diabetes.
Welcome to the virtual stand “RUSSIA–EU COOPERATION: best practice in St. Petersburg” at European Week of Regions and Cities 2020
The European Week of Regions and Cities is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. In 2019, the event reached a record high of more than 9 000 participants and more than 330 sessions, which shows the event's relevance and potential as a platform for communication between Russia and EU
All the details are available at: